Links that lead to unavailable destinations are referred to as “broken links”. These links can result from programming mistakes, incorrect URL spelling, links in posts, or the deletion of pages from your WordPress Dashboard.
The Broken Link Checker is an effective plugin for detecting broken links in real time. With customizable time intervals and selective scanning options for specific sections and link types, this plugin ensures all broken links are quickly identified and addressed. This guide will cover the installation and setup of the Broken Link Checker plugin in WordPress.
- Log in as an administrator to your WordPress site.
Go to Dashboard’s Plugins and click Add New
Install & activate the Broken Link Checker plugin
Go to Dashboard > Settings > Link Checker
- The General tab displays the overall link status of the page
- Specify link search location in Look for links in tab
- Select the type of links to check in the Which Links to Check tab
Broken Link Checker Plugin installation
Log in to your WordPress admin dashboard. On the Dashboard in the left sidebar, click Plugins, and then click Add New.
Now search for Broken Link Checker and then install and activate the Broken Link Checker plugin.
On the Dashboard in the left sidebar, click Settings, and then click Link Checker
The General tab displays the page’s overall link status and allows you to configure the site link check intervals, notifications, and other options.
You can specify which parts of your website should be searched for links in the Look for links in tab.
Select the type of links to check in the Which Links to Check tab.
Congratulations! You have learned how to use the Broken Link Checker plugin to check for broken links in WordPress.
If you have any web hosting questions please feel free to reach out to us. We're happy to help.
Shared Hosting | Reseller Hosting | Managed WordPress Hosting | Fully Managed VPS Hosting
Our Guiding Principles
- Provide consistent, stable, and reliable web hosting services.
- Ensure rapid ticket response and quick resolutions to issues.
- Never saturate or over-provision servers to ensure stability and speed for our customers.
- Use only high-quality enterprise-class hardware to ensure minimal downtime from hardware failures.
- Provide clear pricing with no hidden fees or gotchas.