Secure Shell, a cryptographic network protocol, is used for logging into the system through a secure channel (SSH). With SSH, you can safely transfer data between two devices. Having SSH access enables you the capability of adding, removing, editing, backing up, and restoring hosting files and directories also other remote hosting management like database import/exports. Let’s see how to enable SSH Manager from your cPanel
1. log in to cPanel.
2. Navigate to the Security section in cPanel.
3. Click on the SSH Manager plugin
4. Next you will see the enable and disable buttons.
5. Select the enable check and click on submit button.
6. On the Next window you will be able to see the SSH status as enabled.
Detailed steps for enabling SSH access in the cPanel interface
To enable SSH Manager from your cPanel, navigate cPanel >> Security Section >> SSH Manager
Click on SSH Manager, and from there you can tick to enable SSH access, once ticked please press submit button.
After clicking the submit button you can view the status of the SSH, please allow 5 to 10 minutes to get the SSH feature enabled. Additionally, you can see the SSH port details in the same window.
Congratulations! You have learned how to enable/disable SSH from cPanel.
If you have any web hosting questions please feel free to reach out to us. We're happy to help.
Our Guiding Principles
- Provide consistent, stable, and reliable web hosting services.
- Ensure rapid ticket response and quick resolutions to issues.
- Never saturate or over-provision servers to ensure stability and speed for our customers.
- Use only high-quality enterprise-class hardware to ensure minimal downtime from hardware failures.
- Provide clear pricing with no hidden fees or gotchas.