This article demonstrates how to run SQL queries in phpMyAdmin.
SQL queries are commands that are issued to the MySQL server to perform various functions. Used by advanced users, SQL queries can quickly make changes to your database simply by issuing the appropriate commands.
You can execute a MySQL query towards a given database by opening the database with phpMyAdmin and then clicking on the SQL tab.
- Go to cPanel > Software >phpMyAdmin.
- Navigate to the area your SQL query will apply to. Select the database or the tables you want run the queries against.
- Click on the SQL tab.
- Type in your SQL query.
- Click on Go to execute the query.
Running SQL Queries
From cPanel, click on phpMyAdmin.
Select the database or the tables you want run the queries against and then click on the SQL tab.
On the next page, add the desired query on the text box provided. When ready click on Go to execute the query.
The page will refresh as your SQL query is executed and the results from the query is provided.
The SQL query has been executed and the actions you requested are performed. The command screen will now confirm that your SQL query has been executed successfully.
If you have any web hosting questions please feel free to reach out to us. We're happy to help.
Our Guiding Principles
- Provide consistent, stable, and reliable web hosting services.
- Ensure rapid ticket response and quick resolutions to issues.
- Never saturate or over-provision servers to ensure stability and speed for our customers.
- Use only high-quality enterprise-class hardware to ensure minimal downtime from hardware failures.
- Provide clear pricing with no hidden fees or gotchas.