At times, you may experience performance issues with WordPress. This typically occurs when you have themes or plugins that require a high amount of resources. If you’re experiencing slow load times with your WordPress site(s), you can try the following tips:
- Disable plugins
- Change your theme
- Increase the memory limit in the wp-config.php file
To increase the memory limit in your wp-config.php file, you can add the lines below:
/** Memory Limit */
The above variable of 96M can be adjusted as needed.
Themes & plugins:
Themes & plugins can always be enabled/disabled through your wp-admin dashboard or via FTP by renaming the folders. It is recommended to begin troubleshooting by checking your plugins first as plugins are the number 1 cause for WordPress performance issues.
In addition, we recommend that you review our WordPress Performance Optimization guide & our WordPress Themes & Plugins: Bloat & what is too many guide as well.
If you have any web hosting questions please feel free to reach out to us. We're happy to help.
Our Guiding Principles
- Provide consistent, stable, and reliable web hosting services.
- Ensure rapid ticket response and quick resolutions to issues.
- Never saturate or over-provision servers to ensure stability and speed for our customers.
- Use only high-quality enterprise-class hardware to ensure minimal downtime from hardware failures.
- Provide clear pricing with no hidden fees or gotchas.